Dr. Leon Ehlers
Aesthetic Medicine & Aesthetic Gynaecology
Dr. Leon Ehlers graduated from the University of Pretoria with the degree MBChB in 1982. After his time in the South African National Defence Force, he started his own medical practice in 1985 in Sunnyridge on the East Rand of Johannesburg. Over the subsequent 19 years he built up a large and successful medical suite where his scope of practice involved general medicine, obstetrics & gynaecology and general surgery including mammoplasty, ENT as well as abdominal surgery.
In 1995 he was considered a pioneer in the field of Sexology and co-ordinated in the Institute of Sexology in Pretoria Hospital’s Urology Department.
In 2004 Dr. Leon sought after a change in pace and a different quality of life and made the decision to move to Umhlanga Rocks. It was considered a massive endeavour to pack up and start up a new practice in a different province after having established such a large medical suite. However, he rose to the challenge and carried out his vision to create a family practice that placed particular emphasis on male and female executive health, and to incorporate general and gynaecological aesthetics as well as anti-aging medicine to provide holistic patient wellness.
In late 2017 he was also involved with establishing The Institute of Aesthetic Options where he currently acts as a consultant, educator and trainer for facial aesthetics and sexual health.
Dr. Leon has over 20 years of experience with aesthetic & anti-aging medicine and frequently hosts educational and training seminars at Aesthetic Options where some of South Africa’s most recognisable and accomplished aesthetic practitioners have come together to share knowledge and skills in order to provide our clients with highest quality, science-based aesthetic medicine practices.
Training & Accomplishments:
- MBChB (Pretoria)
- Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine (American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine)
- Certification in Invasive & Non-Invasive Aesthetic Gynaecology
- Certifications in Functional, Integrative & Anti-aging Medicine
- Master Class in Facial Anatomy
- Master Class in Sexology
- Master Class in Neurotoxins (Botox® and Dysport®)
- Master Class in Facial & Body Fillers
- Master Class in Facial & Body Thread Lifting
- South African Medical Association (SAMA)
- American Academy of Aesthetic & Anti-aging Medicine
- South African Aesthetic & Anti-aging Medicine
- European Society of Aesthetic Gynaecology
- South African Occupational Health Society